Counseling Guidance and Academic Advisor
Guidance to develop personality, social skill, and academic skill for students.
Student Activity Unit (UKM)A place for student guiding for sports, arts, students press, etc. For further info check Unik Kegiatan Mahasiswa
Development of Soft Skills
Development of non-academic skill of students to support students in facing working market.
Information on education scholarship for students of UB.
Information on health and fitness service for UB student.
Information on Information Technology and Internet Connection for students.
Information on library in UB.
Job placement center for students.
Guidance and Counseling (BK) and Academic Advisor (PA)A.Bimbingan dan Konseling
Guidance and counseling (BK) is a process of systematic and intensive assistance conducted by a lecturer in specific task to the students in order to personal development, social and learning skills for their future career. It is carried out by special team assigned for it.
Assist students to:
a. Realize their potential optimally, whether for themselves or society
b. Place and adjust in the environment constructively
c. Solve their faced problems realistically
d. Make decisions for various options rationally
e. Implement concrete decisions and responsible for the taken decision
f. Set a plan for better future
The functions of Guidance and Counseling and Academic Advisor are as follows:
a. Distribution: guidance has a function to assist students to find the environment which fits to them.
b. Adjustment (adaptation): guidance has a function to assist students to adjust to the environment whether residential social environment or learning environment.
c. Prevention: guidance has a function to assist students to avoid potential obstacles in self-development to achieve successful learning.
d. Development: guidance has a function to assist students to develop themselves optimally to achieve successful learning.
e. Improvement: guidance has a function to assist students to improve their conditions which are seen inadequate.
f. Adaptation: guidance has as function to assist Universitas Brawijaya to adjust the wisdom of students’ circumstances.
g. Guidance and counseling officers keep maintaining student secrecy which is related to guidance and counseling purposes.
- Service Programs
Service programs include:
a. Collecting students’ data, both academic and non-academic
b. Giving information to students about various useful things for personal development, social, studies and career students
c. Giving training to students in a group for personal development, social, studies and career
d. Troubleshooting assistance services, both academic and non-academic counselings
e. Giving referral services for students whose problems are not resolved by counsellors or lecturers
f. Giving trainings and consultations for academic lecturer advisors related to the process of guidance and counseling to their students
g. Giving information to the leaders of the university, faculties and departments, diploma and graduate programs about various characteristics related to the level of student successful learning in general
a. Guidance and counseling officers must report their works periodically to the leader of the university.
b. Counselor lecturers in faculties, departments, diploma and graduate programs must report their works periodically to the related leader.
c. University leaders must notice to the Guidance and Counseling officers’ rights.
d. Leaders of faculties, departments, diploma and graduate programs must notice to the Counseling Lecturer’ rights.
An Academic Advisor (PA) is a lecturer who provides assistance in the form of academic advices to students, according to their study program, to improve students' academic abilities, so that their study program is completed properly.
Academic Advisors’ duties are to:
a. Provide information about the utilization of supporting facilities and infrastructure for academic and non-academic activities
b. Assist students in academic problems solving
c. Assist students in developing attitudes and good study habits (learning skills) that grow independent learning for their successful learning as an expert
d. Provide recommendations of student learning success level for a particular purpose
e. Assist students in developing their personality towards the realization of Indonesian minded people, thinking and acting with their religion, ethnicity, tradition, and other various positive norms
f. Assist students to develop scientific learning insight into their life independently
g. Give a notice about academic evaluation of student who gets GPA less than 2 in two semesters consecutively and the achieved credits are less than 24
- On academic registration in every semester, PAs are obliged to do their advising duties including:
a. To process KRS filling (study plan) and responsible for the accuracy of its contents
b. To establish the truth of credit amounts that can be taken by students in the related semester based on the regulations
c. To examine and approve the planned study semester by students in KRS
d. While setting the amount of study loads, PA is obliged to provide explanation sufficiently about decisions taken by students so that they realize and accept the decisions in understanding
- In performing their duties, PAs consider the result of study in every semester of:
a. Their caring students in individual or groups
b. All of concerned faculty/department students in a group of concerned or previous generation
- Academic advisors can request an assistance to other working units (such as guidance and counseling) for advisory.
- Advisory activities in academic are coordinated by Vice Dean I, and for non-academic issues are coordinated by Vice Dean III.
- Each academic advisor lecturer must always notices the Code of Ethics of College Life.
- An advisory administration is developed through various lists and cards. Types and uses of those lists and cards must be understood by Academic Advisors.
a. Lists here are:
- List of students’ names
- List of students’ attendance
- List of test scores
- A Study Plan Card (KRS) records all programmed courses (taken by the concerned student) on each semester.
- A Changes Study Plan Card (KPRS) records all of the changes of taking study loads after consultations.
- A Study Result Card (KHS) records the obtained scores for the courses which are programmed in KRS.
- A Personal /Student Academic Development Card (KPAM) is used to record students’ personal data.
d. Each faculty can develop other lists and cards, in addition to what are mentioned in 7a and 7b.
a. Each academic advisor reports their work periodically to the leader of faculties, departments, diploma and graduate programs.
b. Leaders of each faculty, department, diploma and graduate program must notice the rights of Academic Advisor lecturer.
Faculty of Agricultural Technology
- BKPA (Counseling and Academic Guidance Agency) is an institution which gives services to students is newly formed under Faculty of Agricultural Technology.
- BKPA is a form of community service to address the problems experienced by students whether related to education or non- education where indirectly it will affect the learning process and graduate quantities.
- The forms of BKPA activities are:
a. To conduct counselling workshops and mentoring students' academic
b. To evaluate student counselling
c. To form a foster brother
- In practice, BKPA involves academic advisor lecturers, and also senior students who are qualified as a foster brother.
- Students’ soft-skills development is not done separately, but the application is integrated in the subject.
- The application in a subject is done through group works, group discussions actively, group practicums, etc.
- Soft-skills’ assessments are based on special criteria (for example: the ability to work in teams, communication skills, problem solving skills) in accodance to the assigned tasks.
- From these, it can be seen that students have not completely been able to understand the impotance of soft-skills, therefore it needs good coaching to develop soft-skills.
- JPC (Job Placement Centre) provides easy access for students to improve soft-skills through internship in companies which can be access in http://jpc.ub.ac.id/internship.php.
- Universitas Brawijaya has launched itself as an Enterpreneurial University. Business Incubator and Public Service Center is one of the ways to achieve the goal. In PIBLAM, there are various services, one of them is Division of Education and Training (Universitas Brawijaya Education Enterpreneurship Center). Entrepeneur education has a main role in the changes of values and behaviors (entrepreneurial values) of academic community in UB transition to be an Entrepreneurial University. Details are on http://www.piblam.ub.ac.id.
- The form of activities that are regulated by each institution, based on their needs, and approved by the faculty.
- The implementation of these activities involve all students who become the officers and members of the institution, and even in some activities engage the active participation of all students.
- From this extracurricular activities, students are able to develop their interests and talents, improve soft-skills especially in an organization, and able to excel in academic and non-academic.
Scholarships are conducted by the university, with the assistance of the faculties for registration and verification of eligible students. Scholarship registration is opened once a year and there are various kinds of scholarships, such as, BBM, PPA, Pertamina, etc. Students who want to get a scholarship can apply online through the website of http://beasiswa.ub.ac.id.
- UB Fitness Center can be used by students.
- Health insurance to UB students for a year.
- UB Polyclinic is located in UB Hospital.
Internet and Computer Networking
- Free internet access via wireless can be accessed throughout the campus, as well as through the computer which is available in the Departements, Faculties, and Library.
- Students can access SIAM (Online Student Academic Information System) of Universitas Brawijaya in https://siam.ub.ac.id/
- Student academic features that can be accessed online, are:
a. Plan Study Card Submission
b. Study Result Card Information
c. Class and Lecturer Information
d. Course and Examination Schedule Information
e. Students’ Biodata Submission
- Library and reading room are on the level of study programs/departements and also at the university.
- Students can access online library collection through http://www.digilib.ub.ac.id
Job Vacancy and Job Training Information Services
Employment information through JPC (Job Placement Centre) UB can be accessed through http://jpc.ub.ac.id. The services in JPC are divided into three divisions, i.e:
- Cooperation and Development Division
This division will cooperate with DUDI (Dunia Usaha dan Industri) or business and industry related to information collection which helps students and alumni to enter workplace. The process of cooperation development is made in sustainable and planned.
- Recruitment Division
This division helps students and alumni to find career and facilitate a corporation which provides a job vacancy based on defined professional competence.
- Training and Consultancy Division
This division handles the programs of training and independent development which are held by JPC regularly every year. Besides, it also organizes training programs in collaboration with other parties which are competent in their field. To prepare students and aumni to enter workplace in accordance with the existing competencies. This division also provides consulting services for students and alumni who need information related to employment.