Institute of Research and Community Service (LPPM)
VisionBecome the international quality standard Institute, capable of actively roles in the Nation's Development through Research and Community Service.
- Develop Science and Technology based Research and Students Creativity Program centre;
- Develop research and Students Creativity Program to improve the quality of education, business and industry world and society in general's needs.
- Develop superior research and improve Universitas Brawijaya's progress in research, Student Creative Program, and international level publication;
- Improve the income from Intellectual Copyrights (HKI);
- Developing business incubator (INBIS) to develop research products to become business units.
- Motivate industrialization of village areas through development of science and applied technology
- Improving the quality and the identity of the leader candidates with forward insight, competitive entrepreneurial spirit and good in entering or creating job market
- Empowering the society by getting them off the poverty, improving skill as the subject of development through scientific method development process.
- Developing research and Student Creativity Program management in autonomic University organization structure and healthy management;
- Developing research and Student Creativity Program to support Vision achievement that able to go through national area, improve academic atmosphere, and internationalization program, and national competitiveness;
- Improving research and Student Creativity Program aimed to the development, utilization, problem solving, especially the ones related with human resource development, natural resource development, marine and biology resource, technology, culture, society, and health.
- Give service to the society to improve education's relevance, research, and service to the society
- Preparing leadership through entrepreneurship, a place for the society to collaborate their potentials.
Main Duty and Function
Institute for Research and Community Service (LPPM)'s duty is to coordinate, oversee, and evaluating the implementation of research activity and Student Creativity Program conducted by the Research Centre and Service Centre and also administrating and procure needed resources to perform the main duty. LPPM's function is to:
- Perform research on pure science, technology, and/or arts
- Perform specific scientific and art research to support development
- Perform research and Student Creativity Program for institution development;
- Perform research on science, knowledge, technology, and/or art and also research to develop national and/or regional development concept, through universities and/or institution on the local or international level;
- Utilize knowledge, technology, and/or arts;
- Improving UB program's relevancy as needed by the society;
- Help the society in development;
- Perform Institutional Administrative affairs.
Research Centers and Service Centers Description
- Living Environment Research Centre (PPLH)
UB's Living Environment Research Centre (PPLH) hold mission as the centre for natural research and service, especially related with: River Basin Area, Coastal and Marine Area, Health, Resident Environment, Environment Pollution, and Society Development.
- Gender & Demographic Research Centre (PPG&K)
UB's Gender & Demographic Research Centre (PPG&K) perform research and service to the society focusing on Gender and Demographic Study such as Gender, and Economics, Politics, Development, Advocation for Women and Children Victim of Household Violence, Reproduction Health, and Employment.
- Social Science Research Centre (PPIS)
UB's Social Science Research Centre (PPIS) perform research, education, and service to society focusing on the science development on the form of base-line, invention, and application of state of the art information delivery model on the field of social science.
- Bioconversion Research Centre (PPB)
UB's Bioconversion Research Centre (PPB) perform research, service to the society focusing on the development of Science and Technology in the field of biotechnology (especially Waste) biology (Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries) to improve potentiality and the benefit of the Indonesian Natural Resource.
- Earth and Disaster Mitigation Research Centre (PPKMB)
UB's Earth and Disaster Mitigation Research Centre (PPKMB) Perform research, education and socialization focusing on the natural disaster and disaster on humanity and also participating in minimizing the impact of natural disaster and disaster on humanity.
- Society Empowerment Development Service Centre (P4M)
P4M perform service on :
- Simbermas: Sinergi Pemberdayaan Masyarakat (Society Empowerment Synergy), society potentiality development effort in cooperation with the regional government to improve the skill and the power of the society.
- Business Incubator :
- Management service consisted of training, guiding, and consultation, on business information,
- Technical service determine the technology's model, system& production technique, technology development,
- Capital access service: giving out information on source of capital, and fund channeling.
- Village Financial Development Program (P2KP) Grameen bank System, helping out household mother to do small business to improve village economics.
- Natural Resource Development Service Centre (P3SDA)
- P3SDA perform services on :
- Training on cultivation technology and tissue culture, such as: Mushroom, orchid, salak, etc.
- Natural resource-based business consultation such as: bokasi fertilizer, horticultural, meat cattle, etc.
- Production business: compos, gold jati tree seeds, salak, etc.
- Technology Development Service Centre (P3T)
P3T perform service on :
- Training on: technology planning, development, and implementation related with the food and non food field.
- Product and Service business consultation, technical, and economical.
- Information on the source of technology that is used in business and industry.
- Intellectual Copyrights Centre (HKI)
Intellectual Copyrights Centre Office performs service on several fields:
- Patent Technology;
- Trading Brand and Secret;
- Copyrights and Industry Design;
- Integrated Circuit Position Design;
- Regional Intellectual Copyrights Potentiality Research;
- Intellectual Copyrights Consultation, Socialization, and Training;
- Intellectual Copyrights Registration/Protection;
- Advocating Intellectual Copyrights case;
- Geographical Indication Plant Variety Protection.
Institute for Research and Community Service (LPPM)
|Office||Gedung Lembaga Lantai II
Jl.Veteran Malang 65145
|Phone||0341 551611 Pes. 301, 302, 303 0341 575823, 0341 575824, 0341 575825, 0341 584394|
|Fax||Fax. (0341) 575825|
Institute for Education Study and Development (LP3)
Realizing the importance of higher education's quality, since 1976, Universitas Brawijaya (UB) has been continuously improve the quality of its instructional activity through various programs such as Teaching Certificate V Program, Instructional Technique Basic Skill Training (PEKERTI) on young lecturers and Applied Approach (AA) Program for senior lecturers, thus at the time, UB also has a team known as AA team. UB's success in improving its instructional skill has been acknowledged by various institutions, as proofed by the invitations often received by AA team to perform training outside the campus. Yet, structurally, AA team will not have relation with the institutional structure in UB. This condition motivates the formation of Universitas Brawijaya Institute of Education Study and Development (LP3-UB) as one of the institutions owned by Universitas Brawijaya.
LP3 is established based on the Rector's Letter No. 20/SK/98, March 12, 1998 with 4 centers consisted of:
- Instructional Activity Improvement and Development Centre(P3AI)
- Education Relevancy Development Centre (P2RP)
- Professional and Academic Development Centre (P3AP)
- Education Management Development Centre (P2MP)
Making LP3-UB as an Institute of Education Study and Development to supports Universitas Brawijaya as a prominent University in the field of education that produce good quality human resources.
- Encouraging the rate of acceleration of education in Universitas Brawijaya through various scientific studies to produce strategic thinking conceptsthat can be used as a base of policymaking on the level of Universitas Brawijaya, especially the ones related to the improvement of human resource, education's relevance, academic and/or professional education education unit's organization and management.
- Improving the quality of human resources (lecturers), especially in the context of understanding, mastery, and implementation of various principles, methods, and instructional activities' techniques.
- Taking role in the effort of community empowerment(inside and outside the campus) using the scientific concepts and methods through various education activities and professional trainings.
LP3's DutyMain duties borne by LP3-UB are:
- Performing efforts to improve and develop the quality of lecturers in the teaching process. This is the main duty of P3AI.
- Studying and Developing the curriculum that is in line with national development, science and technology. This is the main duty of P2RP.
- Studying the management of Faculties, Departments, Study Programs, Post Graduates, and Diploma in the implementation of academic and professional education according to the development of science and technology and the need of national development. This is the duty of P3AP, and also the duty of P2MP.
- Studying and developing the implementation of efficient academic and professional education. This is the main duty of P2MP.
What can we do for you:
To perform the mission, LP3-UB can help the stakeholders on the three main categories of work: education and training, research and evaluation, and cooperation consultation
Center for Instructional Activity Improvement and Development (P3AI)
Institute of Educational Assessment and Development (LP3)
|Kantor:||Gedung Lembaga Lantai III
Jl.Veteran Malang 65145
|Telepon:||0341 551611, 0341 575777 Pes. 306,
langsung: 0341 575826
Central Laboratory of Living Sciences (LSIH)
The development of Science and technology (IPTEK) as an integral part in national development aimed to be the basic of national economic resistance and improve society's prosperity continually. The development of science and technology on the field of basic sciences, agriculture, medical, and other related sciences is very vast as a response of the constant changes in globalization era. Research and development should is needed so that it can answer various human problems that gets more and more complex.
Brawijaya University, as one of the Research University/Entrepreneur University in Science and technology development is also subjected to change with time. That is we need innovation, creative ideas, facility improvement, human resource quality improvement, and proper laboratory facility that is up to date.
Various competitive research activities that is trusted to the staff and researcher in UB is increasing, covering Competitive Grants Research, Post Grants, Fundamental Research, Incentive Program: (a) Basic Research Incentive, (b) Applied Research Incentive, (c) Production System Science and Technology Diffusion and Utilization Improvement Incentive, (d) Science Diffusion and Utilization, and (e) National Strategic Superior Research Incentive, Agricultural Research and Development, Health Research and Development, Medical Technology Research and Development, etc. the direction of the research program tends to be multidisciplinary, so that it needs good cooperation to solve problems completely.
Problems that exist now is the infrastructures and laboratories that are incomplete and separated in various faculties and have not show optimum performance, hindered by administration bureaucracy between Faculties/Departments/Laboratories that is often limit collaboration of interdisciplinary research. On the other side, the cost to properly treat some equipment is very high if it is operated on the level of Department or Faculty, this caused the equipment to be broken because of improper treatment.
Based on the condition above, it can be seen as an urgent thing to establish a Central Laboratory whose duty is to coordinate and accommodate the management of laboratories in a centralistic and integrated way on the level of the University.
Vision dan MissionLSIH's Vision is to become an institution that provides all research information, research practice, and become the centre of science and technology development. While the mission is:
- Develop and spread science and technology and applied it in the society.
- Improving the skill and the quality of the researcher to become professional researcher with distinguished characteristics.
- Provide service for research and development of living sciences, medics, society's health, basic sciences, and other related field to give solution for problems in the society.
Long Term Program
- Developing an accredited Central Laboratory with national or international standard.
- Become a Major Laboratory Centre in Indonesia.
Short Term Program
- Facilitating process and the practice of research for researcher inside or outside UB including research of Under Graduate, Graduate, and Post Graduate student.
- Giving Service/Facility of researchers from outside UB
- Developing Science and Technology from various discipline of science and other field related with living sciences, basic sciences, and health.
- Improving skill on scientific society empowerment through development and problem solving using scientific method.
LaboratoryCentral Laboratory of Living Sciences Consisted of :
- Central Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, located on the first floor of the UB Central Laboratory of Living Sciences building.
- Central Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology in the second floor of the UB Central Laboratory of Living Sciences Building.
- Microbiology Laboratory and Proxymate Laboratory in the third floor of the UB Central Laboratory of Living Sciences Building.
- Agro complex laboratories in the UB Fact of Agriculture, Fact of Animal Husbandry, Fact of Fisheries, and Fact of Agricultural Technology.
- Laboratory equipment facility as listed on the catalogue.
- Other facility: meeting room, reading room, internet hot spot.
International and national scale cooperation has been conducted well by LSIH and management staff of LSIH. The events are international seminar, research, workshop, internship, training, guiding of article writing for international journal, etc. Some events has been held, and some other event has also manifested in MOUs. Some of the universities and institutes who have cooperated with LSIH are:
- Kassel University, German
- Nottingham University, UK, England
- Monash University, Australia
- Tohuku University, Japan
- UPM Malaysia
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- Hiroshima University, Japan
- RC-Chem LIPI, Bandung
- LPPT-UGM, Yogyakarta
- Lab Bioteknologi BPPT Serpong
- Lembaga Eijkman, Jakarta
- Lembaga Sertifikasi Profesi Tenaga Laboratorium Penguji Indonesia (LSP-TELAPI), Jakarta
- Lab Kalibrasi ITB, Bandung
- FMIPA Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya
- Lab Genetik, FK, Universitas Widjaya Kusuma, Surabaya
- Universitas Sam Ratulangi, Manado
- Universitas Andalas, Padang
- Universitas Jember, Jember
- Politeknik Jember, Jember
- UIN Maulana Malik Ibrahim, Malang
- Universitas Negeri Malang
Equipment's List :
- Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Molecular Biology Analysis Room
Name of the Tools
Nanodrop Spektrofotometer, Gradient PCR (Takara), PCR System, Chemidoc Gel Imaging, Fluorospectofotometer, Elektrophorator, IEF Cell Complete System C/S (2D Vertical Electrophoresis System), Mini Protean Tetra Complete System (Vertical Electrophoresis), ELISA Visible Plate Reader for 96-well Plate, Semi Dry Transfer System, Ice cube maker, Low Temperature Freezer -35oC Vertical Type, Bench Top Ultrasentifuge 150.000 rpm, Platform Shakers-Rocking, Ultrapure water purification system, Cell Disruptor/ Digital Sonifier, Rotary Microtomes, Cooling Thermomixer, Heating thermomixer, Deep Freeze -80.
- Cell Culture and Embryo Manipulation Room
Name of the Tools
Microscope Inverted dan Micromanipulator System, DP71-SET, Microscope with Digital Camera 12,5 MP Model DP71-SET standard set, Trinocular Research Microscope with DIC; Dark Field; Phase Contrast, Research Microscope, Hot Plate for Preparation Slide, Standard-Automatic CO2 Incubator water-jacked, Incubator Laboratory, Laminar Airflow, Microneedle maker.
- Fluoview Room
Name of the Tools
Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope, Applied Imaging.
- Molecular Biology Analysis Room
- Food Technology Laboratory
Name of the Tools
Spektrofotometer VIS/ IR, Centrifuge Kecil/ EBA 8, Vacuum Oven, Vacuum Dryer, Alat Analisa Protein (Makrokjedhal), Alat analisa Lemak (Ekstraksi Soxhlet), Shaker Water Bath, Vacuum Rotary Evaporator, Homogenizer, Viskometer, Hot Plate, Vortex stirer, Autoclave, Oven, Inkubator, Muffle, Centrifuse Minor 35.
- Microbiology Laboratory
Name of the Tools
Incubator shaker, Incubator, Laminar Air Flow, Shaking Water Bath, Oven, Research Stereo Microscope.
- Proxymate Laboratory
Name of the Tool
HPLC Prominance for Amino Acid Analysis, Bomb Calorimeter, Protein Analysis Apparatus (digital), Fat and Oil Analysis Apparatus (digital).
Central Laboratory of Living Sciences (LSIH)
|Office||Laboratorium Sentral Ilmu Hayati
Jalan Veteran Malang 65145
|Mobile Phone||+62 81 803 823727|